What is Botox?
Botox is made from a neurotoxin called botulinum toxin, and it has grown to be considered one of the safest & most widely researched products in today’s medical field. The injections are FDA approved to treat a variety of medical and cosmetic solutions including facial wrinkles, eye twitching, chronic migraines, and more. Targeting signals in the nervous system, Botox works by temporarily paralyzing the muscles from contracting to form unwanted wrinkles & lines.
Effects of Botox
In order to achieve nonsurgical anti-aging results, Botox injections target wrinkles and lines that occur when the patient squints, frowns, or makes other facial expressions (Instead of wrinkles that exist when the face is at rest – Those are best treated by fillers). When Botox is done at the expert level of our aesthetic nurse injector, the effects will be subtle enough to reduce wrinkles during facial expressions without the face appearing “frozen.” The effects of Botox are typically visible within 3-5 days of the injections, and continue to improve until the final result around days 10-14.
What to Expect
- Consultation – Your first step is a free consultation, where our medical aesthetics experts will work with you to determine what your desired result is, how to best achieve this, & fully address any questions or concerns you have.
- The Botox injection procedure can be as quick as 10-15 minutes.
- Anesthesia is not necessary, however patients may elect to use a topical numbing cream. Pain or discomfort with this procedure is typically minimal & brief.
- Botulinum toxin powder mixed with saline is injected directly into the neuromuscular tissue.
- Because this treatment is so minimally invasive, Botox does not require any downtime or recovery period!
- Patients will see Botox starting to work 2-3 days post treatment, with the final results seen at 10-14 days post treatment.
- Typically results can be expected to last around 3 months.