What Are Fillers?
Dermal filler injections work to replenish hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance within the skin that diminishes with age. Hyaluronic acid is what creates youthful volume, and when it decreases, fine lines and wrinkles can set in. The gel-filled syringes of dermal fillers are injected by a medical aesthetics professional in the targeted areas of the face and work to increase collagen production and add volume to the desired areas with hyaluronic acid.
Effects of Fillers
Dermal fillers are used to meet a variety of aesthetic needs and in order to achieve nonsurgical anti-aging results. Filler injections are versatile – They can be used on younger patients simply looking to plump the lips & reshape facial features, or they are also effective on those looking to fill in fine lines & wrinkles. Our nurse injector‘s expert techniques allow for effects that create subtle improvements instead of dramatic results. Fillers can be used to achieve the following results:
- Plump up thin lips
- Volumize cheek structure
- Increase chin volume & definition
- Reshape side profile
- Improve jawline definition
- Lift sagging eyelids
- Reduce the appearance of scarring
- Soften the appearance of wrinkles
What to Expect
- Consultation – The first step in beginning your filler treatment is a free consultation. During this appointment, our medical aesthetics experts will work with you to determine your desired results, how to best achieve them, & fully address any questions or concerns you have.
- The injection procedure for dermal fillers can be as quick as 10-15 minutes.
- Anesthesia is not necessary, but many patients elect to use a topical numbing cream. Pain or discomfort while receiving dermal filler injections is typically minimal & brief.
- Hyaluronic acid is injected directly into the tissue being restored. The right medical professional will know where to inject & how much to use to achieve desired results.
- Because this treatment is so minimally invasive, dermal fillers require no downtime or recovery period.
- Patients will see immediate results after their dermal filler injections!
- Results typically last 6-24 months depending on area treated and the filler chosen for treatment.