What is a Chemical Peel?
Chemical peels are found to be a tried and true skin treatment to effectively achieve a variety of aesthetic needs, and their popularity has spanned decades. The treatment is now more researched & refined than ever, and is said to have even better results than laser imperfection removal. Medical-grade chemical peels can now be customized to your skin & its needs, and range between superficial to deep level peel depending on which layers of the skin are targeted. You can expect several benefits and enhancements to your skin resulting from a chemical peel procedure.
What to Expect
Chemical peels have progressed from the ’90s and, thanks to the ability to customize the procedure, no longer have to leave you to recover with raw skin & dramatic peeling. There will be a brief recovery process, but the skin is ultimately left renewed & glowing. Here are some things you can expect with a medical-grade chemical peel by our experts at Fresh Medical Aesthetics:
- A consultation to determine your individual needs & desired outcome. Chemical peels can be specifically formulated to target hyperpigmentation, sunspots, freckles, acne scarring, fine lines, and wrinkles.
- During the procedure itself, a mixture of chemicals works to lift away dead & damaged skin cells on the skin surface. They then stimulate the existing cells to regenerate and produce more collagen.
- The recovery time from a chemical peel procedure lasts from 3-5 days, during which you can expect minor redness and peeling.
- Depending on the depth of the initial peel, you may return for additional sessions. Superficial peels are more likely than deeper peels to require more than one session.
- Although discoloration and scarring are extremely unlikely side effects of a chemical peel, choosing an experienced medical aesthetics expert will minimize these risks even further.
Why Choose a Medical-Grade Chemical Peel?
Medical-grade chemical peels are well researched and have proven benefits for all types of skin. Whether your skin is acne-scarred, hyperpigmented, or showing signs of age, a chemical peel could be the nonsurgical & non-invasive medical aesthetic transformation you need.
- Lightens the appearance of acne scars & hyperpigmentation for a more even skin tone.
- Softens the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles.
- Medical-grade chemical peels can eliminate the build-up of pigment that causes dark undereye circles.
- Removes the layer of dead skin & reveals a brighter, more hydrated layer.
- The newly exfoliated skin will better soak up regular skincare products including lotions and serums.
- The new, smoother skin texture allows for more even makeup application.