What is PRP Therapy?
PRP stands for platelet-rich plasma injections, which are performed in a three-step treatment process to provide facial rejuvenation benefits to those looking to eliminate visible signs of aging. The procedure works to restore collagen production in the face & accelerate the production of new tissues. Along with facial rejuvenation, PRP therapy has many known benefits, including hair restoration.
Benefits of PRP for Facial Rejuvenation
PRP, or platelet rich plasma therapy for facial rejuvenation is a simple and natural way to restore the face to a more youthful look. While other nonsurgical options including Botox & fillers can also be effective for this, PRP therapy is one of the most natural & long-lasting anti-aging procedures available. The treatment repurposes blood cells already found naturally in the body to stimulate tissue growth in areas that are sagging. Platelet rich plasma cells can also be used for hair restoration purposes.
- Tightens loose skin & eliminates fine lines & wrinkles
- Increased collagen & tissue cell production
- Cosmetic injectable using natural elements
- Treats delicate & hard to reach areas of the face including the undereye areas that are too high risk for synthetic dermal fillers
What to Expect
- The first step prior to undergoing PRP therapy or any medical aesthetic procedure is to schedule a free consultation with the Fresh Medical Aesthetics experts. During this appointment, our cosmetic nurse injector will work with you to determine what your desired result is, how to best achieve this, & fully address any questions or concerns you have.
- PRP therapy is a three-step process that is completed in one appointment. The first step is to draw blood from the patient’s arm and into a centrifuge machine. The centrifuge machine then separates the fluids in the blood according to their density – platelet poor plasma, platelet rich plasma, and red blood cells. The platelet rich plasma is then injected into the desired areas of the face.
- Anesthesia is not required with PRP injections, however, patients often elect to use a topical numbing cream. PRP therapy has no downtime or recovery time!
- Patients may elect to schedule more than one PRP session. It can take 3-4 weeks post-procedure to see results, however, depending on the number of treatments received, results can last for up to a year or longer.