What are PRP Injections?
PRP stands for platelet-rich plasma injections, which are performed in a three-step treatment process to provide nonsurgical hair restoration benefits to those with thinning hair or baldness. While PRP treatment can be used for a multitude of purposes, in terms of hair loss, it works to stimulate the scalp’s follicles to reverse the signs of balding & thinning hair for men and women. With consistency, PRP therapy can successfully regrow hair.
Benefits of PRP for Hair Loss
Hair thinning & balding is an affliction common in many men and women and is a frequent source of insecurity. While there are many options for restoring hair loss, PRP therapy is one of the only treatments that does not require surgery or harsh chemicals. With consistency and patience, PRP therapy is an effective treatment to restore hair.
What to Expect
- Before beginning PRP or any medical aesthetic treatment, you should schedule a free consultation with the Fresh Medical Aesthetics experts. During this appointment, our cosmetic nurse injector will work with you to determine what your desired result is, how to best achieve this, & fully address any questions or concerns you have.
- PRP therapy is a three-step process that is completed in one appointment. The first step is to draw blood from the patient’s arm and place a blood sample into a centrifuge machine. The centrifuge machine then separates the fluids in the blood according to their density – platelet poor plasma, platelet rich plasma, and red blood cells. The platelet rich plasma is then drawn up into a syringe and directly injected into the areas of the scalp that need hair regrowth.
- Anesthesia is not necessary with PRP therapy, however, patients often elect to use a topical numbing cream. PRP therapy has no downtime or recovery time.
- PRP therapy is scheduled in monthly sessions for the first 3 months, and then every 3-6 months following this to maintain results.
- With consistency and a dermatologist recommended hair & scalp routine, patients typically see a reduction in shedding, followed by hair regrowth and increased length.